Slipping and Tripping

accident claim in st helens

Getting you back on your feet after a fall

Whether it’s at work, home or out enjoying daily life slips, trips and falls can happen anywhere.

If you’re one of the thousands of people across the UK every year who suffered a personal injury that has had an impact on your health, stopped you from working or makes your day to day routine difficult, IMS Law will investigate your case.

 We can help you with a compensation claim for:

  • Slipping or tripping in the workplace
  • Tripping on uneven paving or potholes
  • Slipping on a shop floor spillage
  • Falling down a flight of stairs
  • Falling from height on a ramp or walkway
  • Tripping due to inadequate lighting

How cases are funded

At IMS Law our claims are funded on a No Win, No Fee basis, which is known as a ‘conditional fee agreement.’

With a No Win, No Fee agreement, there are no financial risks to you. You do not pay any upfront costs to start a claim and you will only be required to contribute towards your legal fees if your claim is successful.

In the event your claim is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay us anything.

If we are successful in securing compensation, the contribution you make is capped at 25% from the award you receive. At IMS Law we fully explain funding arrangements during our initial consultation, simply get in touch to speak to our friendly team of specialists dealing with all kinds of accident claims in St Helens.

How compensation is calculated

The amount you can claim will vary depending on your circumstances and the level of injuries you sustained.  Awards depend on the length of time you suffered from injuries, the extent of the treatment you required and the impact the injuries had on your everyday life.

Our personal injury team will be able to give you a valuation of your claim once we have received completed medical evidence.

Making a claim

Adults have three years from the date of their accident to make a claim. If a claim has not been settled or Court Proceedings have not been issued by the 3rd anniversary of the accident, a claim may be considered ‘time-barred’ leaving you ineligible for compensation.

For children who have sustained injury as a result of an accident the three-year time limit still applies, however a child has three years from the date of their 18th birthday in which to process a claim.

A claim processed after the date of a child’s 18th birthday must have either settled or Court proceedings issued before they reach their 21st birthday. Again their claim may be considered ‘time-barred’ leaving them ineligible for compensation if either of the above has not been completed.

Free initial consultation for all accident claims in St Helens

At IMS Law we offer a free initial consultation. Call 01744 612549 for instant support, or get in touch here.

Get in touch with us

Where to find us

89 Corporation Street
St Helens,
WA10 1SX
Call: 01744 612549

Mon to Fri – 9:00 to 17:00

Corporation Street, Saint Helens WA10 1SX, UK

Request Callback